Wednesday, November 25, 2020

I can't believe it's nearly Winter.  When I started working from home back in March, cold air blew in through the Window as I enjoyed the cool Spring air.  Summer was just a blur.  I seem to remember the loud hum of the air-conditioners well into November.  The air has finally cooled enough for me to switch to just fans to circulate the air.

Been avoiding the major supermarkets in favor of neighborhood markets for essentials, but their selection is limited.  I've been avoiding all forms of human contact or leaving my place, even for lunch.  Gradually I have been venturing out a bit more and more as my fear of the outside world is subsiding.

But, as the new Spring promises to breath new life into the world, this is the darkest time of our history.  It is always darkest before the dawn.  It is getting dark and will continue to get darker for another 4 weeks until it cannot become any darker.

It will be over soon so hang in there.  Forgo the parties and celebrations for next year we party twice as hard.  Where once we had one birthday, in 2021 we will have two.  Where once we had yuletide festivities, in 2021 we will once again enjoy our family and friends with real hugs and real kisses.

I suspect that Spring of 2021 I will start back up my photography projects once again as the world heals itself.  We are hurting and we are in pain.  But those of us to survive this will once again embrace and enjoy life.  soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment